Friday, July 29, 2005

The Winds are Blowing



Chicago Cubs' Jose Macias, center, and Jerry Hairston Jr., left, celebrate as Arizona Diamondbacks reliever Brian Bruney, right, walks off the field after the Cubs' 4-3 victory Friday, July 29, 2005, in Chicago. Macias scored on a single in the ninth by Aramis Ramirez to give the Cubs the win. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson)
I would say Jose does his best to copy Todd Walker last year against the A's. I had to leave during the game to go to work, but I got back just in time to see the Cubs knock off the Diamondbacks after back-to-back RBI singles by Aramis Ramirez and Michael Barrett. Dusty Baker continues to play with fire and gets rewarded. I was sure Macias would be taken down for Aramis, but I was wrong and Macias drew a walk.
Matt Murton picked up another hit and punt down a good bunt in the 9th inning. That leads me to my next thing about all these trades. Of course Soriano is being talked about, but I really highly doubt it. Murton has proven he can hit, maybe not for power, but at least he gets on base. If we trade for Soriano it would mean either Murton or Walker would lose playing time.
We shall see. I am sure we will make a trade, just maybe not the big one people are thinking about.