Thursday, October 02, 2008

Game 1: Over and done with

Last night just plain sucked. There isn't anyway around it. Scott Lange, of the Northside Lounge, and I watch the game together. There wasn't much talking after the James Loney's 5th inning Grand Slam.

So, do we panic yet? It sucks to lose, but I'm not ready to panic, because these Cubs have found a way all year. The worst part of the loss is having to sit here all day and think about it. I'm teaching To Kill a Mockingbird, and it is just hard to get into Scout jumping in front of the lynch mob three times in a day with the thoughts of Manny Ramirez golfing a home run out in my mind, but I soldier on.

We still have eight and half hours before Dick Stockton(who is just a step away from death) and crew start calling Game 2, but thankfully I have the XM for Pat and Ron.

The biggest surprise to me was the lack of engery from the crowd. I don't know if MLB took have the tickets, but the crowd just never got into it, even for Mark DeRosa's HR.

Well, we are still the better team, and we can just pray that Good Zambrano shows up for the game tonight.