Saturday, July 26, 2003

Decisions

Dusty Baker makes a tough call that pays off. With two outs in the 7th inning, Baker chooses to stay with starting pitcher Carlos Zambrano instead of pinch hitting. It pays off to be a wonderful call, not only because he belts a two run home run to tie the game but goes on to pitch 8 1/3 innings giving up only 5 hits. Joe Borowski came in for the final two outs to shut done the Astros for his 18th save, but only after Moises Alou hit a two run home run to get a 5-3 lead in the eigth.

This could be a big turning point for the Cubs because they showed great resolve against the division leaders. With a win like this under their belts they should have tons of confidence and hopefully go on a little tear. This could be the game that helps to prove that they can win the division and hopefully they will back it up in the next couple of games.

Unfortunatlly I will be gone for a week and not have access to a computer so I can not write about the Cubs sweeping the Astros or about them going on a big win streak. So hopefully their record will write it for me and I won't have to say anything when I get back other then how mad I am that I was not able to watch them do it.

Go CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!