Sunday, September 21, 2003

Down the Stretch They Come

I had to borrow the horse racing call for this post, because this is one hell of a race. The Cubs had everything go their way today. The Astros, Phillies, and Marlins all lost.

So where does that leave us, well you probably already know. The Cubs are 1/2 game back of the Astros and 1.5 behind the Marlins in the Wild Card. The Astros and Marlins both play tomorrow so it could be even closer.

I have to say at this point playoff fever is fun and heartbreaking at the same time. Last night I had to leave the house and drive for a little bit. I was just sick knowing that the Cubs wasted a chance to gain ground. I was watching Matchstick Men Saturday and checking my internet on my phone every few minutes. A side note go see Matchstick Men. I also got about 4 phone calls when Albert hit a HR, so I knew something was up.

Then today I am back on top of the world. I had a good feeling with Prior on the mound, but I still was worried. I said earlier in the day that I thought the Astros really needed to lose for the Cubs to have a chance. Well, the Cardinals woke up and won 2 of 3.

Jerome Williams will face Ron Villone tomorrow and it would be nice to be tied going into the last 6 games. I will be watching the Astros tomorrow so look back after that game to find out all the inside info.