Tuesday, July 27, 2004

The Time is Now

I have had a couple of posts taken up by the blogger Gods, so I hope this works.

A few days now I have been trying to say something, but it has been one of those times in the year that I have had no time. I have been looking for a job, but nobody with a job has been looking for me. I had to move out of my Tuscaloosa home and back to my parents house for a short term move. This has taken up all my time. The big kicker is the fact that they have DISH Network, which does not allow me to watch my MLB Extra innings.

On to the Cubs.

I was unable to see the game, but from what I read it looked like a game that the Cubs had to win. Clement too many times this year has lost those 1-0, 2-1, and 2-0 ballgames. He was lifted up yesterday and it looks like the offense is headed in the right direction. The Cubs now face Ben Sheets and they are 2 games back in the Wild Card. The funny thing is the Cubs have a better record right now, than they did last season at the same point. This fact I find amazing. The Cubs have faced injury after injurt and are still winning ball games. They are in a perfect spot to start making a run and it might start tonight.

I feel that the Cubs will make a move, but I am not sure what they will get. My guess is that Nomar is done, and I feel at least one bullpen arm coming over. I will not be able to watch again tonight, so here is hoping that the Cubs get it done.