Thursday, December 02, 2004

Calm before the storm

There has been little to no good news to talk about in the land of the Cubs. With my job keeping me busy, I have had little to no time for writing on the site. There are few things I think we will see pretty soon.

With December 7th coming on fast, which is the last day for teams to offer arbitration to their players, we will probably know if a couple of guys are coming back. My guess is that Todd Walker and Nomar Garciaparra will either be signed or on their way out of Chicago. I would like to have both back to lineup, but I really think we need at least one of them.

I believe that Sammy Sosa is going to be in right field this season. He is the kind of player that can rebound from his last year and put up good numbers if he can stay healthy. With this being a FA year for him, I expect big numbers. Also there is no way Carlos Beltran will be a Cub. You can forget about it, and start looking for other players. Will Jason Dubois get a chance? Probably not, but I suspect that Jim Hendry will sign a lost risk FA to patrol left field.

More later.