Friday, April 21, 2006

The Dark Days are Here

You all know the knews by now. Now that our leader Derrek Lee has fallen victim to a freak run in with Furcal, it is time the ralley the troops.
While, this is not the end of the world, it will be tougher for the Cubs to put accross runs at this point. My posting will slow down a lot over the next three weeks.
As many of you know, I am a sports writer for a small paper and it is about time for High School Baseball Tournament Season. The district tournament starts on Saturday. That means wall-to-wall baseball for me and little time for the Cubs.
Of course I will check in from time-to-time, but Mike will have to lead the charge without me around. Also, my brother might actually come back and post something.
Just found out that I am heading to Minnesota for the weekend series in June. Any of you guys want to meet up there and talk Cub baseball? Well, we will talk about that closer to time. That trip will make my 17th ball park I have seen a major league game.