Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Thoughts From Turner

This is the first time I get a chance to post since the aftermath of Game #1. Scott Lange from the Northside Lounge was there and we had a good time talking baseball, but I think I scared him because of all my talk about the bad things that could happen. Short in the bullpen and so on.

The first three innings of the game I watched from center field, because two in our group were late and they could not find a place to park, but once I finally got to sit down that is when the action started. I go to my seats just in time to see Gonzo and Bako strike out, and then Kerry pop to third. The greatest moment of the night was when Scott's dad leaned over to me and said it would be a good time for a Kerry Wood double. A moment later it happened.

If you read Scott's site you know I called the Simon PH, but after thinking about it I changed my mind. Maybe it should have been Goodwin, and save Simon for Karros later in the game, but no matter the Cubs still won. Farnsworth shook all the demons of year's past to get the final out in the 8th. I am tailgating with Scott today, since I only got there with minutes to spare last night, but I stayed in Atlanta and now I am ready for game #2. There will be no comments until Thrusday since I will be driving back after the game.

Go Cubs!!!