Thursday, March 31, 2005

Season Preview Coming

The Yarbage Cub Review has grown over the years. We have a very good crop of writers here right now. Each with thier own style and voice.
I was very happy to add Mark to the team to help bridge some gaps as most of my time is spent at the newspaper now. Also we have Joe Rhodes the non-Cub fan, but that is what I like. An objective view and then we have my brother, who only posts every now and then, but when he does it is always of from the heart.

While I am a big fan of the numbers, sometimes we need the human element in our observations. I almost read too much on the moneyball. Because what it all boils down to is that we still play the game. We are not computers and granted some players are better than others, but I can do without Brian Kenny spouting out, "But he has a .961 OPS," on ESPN as he talks to Rob Neyer.

Hopefully we will have the preview up Sunday or Monday. I hope to have some light hearted discussion and some fun with our predictions.