Tuesday, May 16, 2006

For the love of baseball make it stop

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Ok, who I am kidding? It is the worst of times without a doubt. The Cubs are in September form in mid-May and things are looking terrible. This team is no fun to watch and it doesn’t look like it will get any better.
I have been busy, so I haven’t been able to see many games and thank goodness for that. I mean it just does not get much worse.
Now what kind of good news can come of this? Well, first it means Dusty might gets canned. Think Houston Astros under Phil Garner, but the Cubs have never been a forward thinking bunch like that.
I throw this question out to you, who would you like to be the next manager?
Here is a list of candidates right now:

Bobby Valentine – This name is probably more if the Cubs go the interim root if they get rid of Dusty. He had some good teams in New York and even went to World Series, something that we can’t seem to do.

Bob Brenley – The last time big Bob came out of the booth, the Diamondbacks became the World Champions. The only problem is that Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling lead the way. They were healthy for an entire year and that is something Kerry Wood and Mark Prior can’t seem to do.

Lou Piniella – Not a name that I am too high on at this point. He had some good teams in Seattle, but never could get over the hump. Then, he took a bad job in Tampa Bay. The one thing that might be good is the fact the Sweet Lou can get angry. This team lacks fire and he could give the Cubs a kick in the pants.

Davey Johnson – Johnson has been out of baseball since getting fired in L.A. in 2000. He does seem to win quite a bit. I am not hot on Johnson either, but at this point I am willing to try anything.

I am sure more names will pop up, but it is time to make a change. Dusty must go, sooner rather than later. I can’t stress that enough DUSTY MUST GO. NOW, DON”T WAIT NOW!!!!