Sunday, August 03, 2003

Dusty Gets Away With Murder Again

A couple of weeks ago, Dusty gambled and left Carlos in a game instead of pinch hitting. Today he did the same thing, but this time Matt Clement went down swinging. This was crazy, because Matt is the worst hitting pitcher on the team. Sammy Sosa won the game later on a two run HR. Then Mark Guthrie and Dave Veres closed down the 9th for the win.

This makes three straight series that the Cubs have won, heading into a 6 game road trip before the big series against the Astros. If it were not for Joe yesterday the Cubs would have had the sweep, but now the Cubs sit at 56-54. They are 3.5 games behind the Astros and 1.5 the Cardinals. The Wild Card is 5.5 games. The Cubs could use a big streak, but we shall see.

I am off to Germany as the big group was left and I am on my own for the next 9 days. I will visit my Uncle and then on to the Netherlands for a couple days, before I take off for Home on Aug 13th. I am looking foward to more every day. More on Tuesday because I will be on train for 12 hours tomorrow. Real Fun!!!!