Friday, January 20, 2006

No baseball, but Jack's Back

Not much on the Cub front the last couple of days. My good buddy Mike Eady is still rejoicing over the Corey Patterson deal. With little news it is time to mention a couple of things in the entertainment world.
I am a TV junkie. Now I hate reality TV, but give me a good comedy or Drama and I am feeling pretty good.
This past week "24" has hit the air again. They started season five with a bang and I for one can't wait to see how this season will pan out.
Also back from a few months lay off is the great "Scrubs." It still puzzles me how people stay away from smart TV and go for the mindless stuff. Scrubs is the perfect mix of comedy and drama.
Now my major gripe with networks has to be FOX. Arrested Development is the funniest thing on TV. I guess people don't get how funny it really is.
On the movie front I just saw Glory Road. Nothing special, but I was entertained. It will not crack my Top 10 sports movies.
Which brings me to my next question. What are your favorite shows and sports movies? I mean we should all like Bull Durham or Field of Dreams, but how about lesser known movies.
Leave a list in the comments sections if you like.
Until spring training keep the faith that the Cubs might play over their heads in 2006.