Saturday, June 03, 2006

Who didn't expect this?


Chicago Cubs' Aramis Ramirez follows through on his grand slam in the forth inning against the St. Louis Cardinals in their baseball game Saturday, June 3, 2006, in St. Louis. (AP Photo/Bill Boyce)

I asked in the headline who didn't expect this? Well, I think I figured out why I hate this team so much. Last week we were the worst team in baseball hands down. All of the sudden, the Cubs take 2 of 3 from the Reds and have a chance to sweep the Cardinals for the second time this year.
I just don't understand this and this can only bring more trouble.
I was talking to Scott Lange, fellow Cubs blogger, and memtioned now is about time for Jim Hendry to annouce Dusty Bakers brand new two year contract. I can feel it now, just a kick in the guy to go along with this already down year. We had a true chance to get rid of a manager that we all hate, but it looks like we are stuck with Dusty.

As for today's game I did not get to see it. I hate Fox's coverage of Saturday baseball, it makes no sense and I am shocked they get away with it. Well, here is hoping the Cubs keep winning or lose enough to fire Dusty, but nowhere in the middle.