Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The offseason report

I had an good talk with a fellow Cub's fan the other day and we differ on a few things.
First off, he thinks the Cubs are closer to winning than I do. It is not that I don't think the Cubs can win, but I think our holes are greater than our strengths.

Now Aramis Ramirez opted out of his contract. Here are somethings that I think the Cubs most do before we can win.

1. Resign Aramis. It is a must, because without him there is another hole that the Cubs must fill.
2. Find a bat: I would love a new SS or OF bat, but my guess is that we add on OF, that hopefully can play CF.
3. Find about three starting pitchers. One has to be a frontline starter. Then, another would need to be about a No. 3 type guy. Plus an added insurance type guy.


Until there is news, there is not much talk about.