Thursday, May 08, 2003

Finals are over, Cubs Still in First and Bama Likes Shula


Waking up this morning was no different than most days. First off I am still not sure if I believe Shawn Estes only gives up one run. I also had an exam at 8 a.m. and when I went to my car it would not start. So, I had to truck it across campus with a gimp ankle and I almost was late for the final. Well, at least they are over now.

A wild week is over at Alabama. Mike Shula( Don's youngest son) will be the next head coach at Alabama. Now I can focus back on the Cubs.

The Cubs got some help this week from the Reds as they swept the Cards. The Cubs now lead the Astros by a game and the Cards by 1.5. Everyone knows that this weekend's series will tell a lot.

It is about time for the Cubs to throw together a winning streak.

If you are a 24 fan then make sure you check out the Northside Lounge by Dennis Goodman. This is the best show on TV right now and you should be watching it.

Dusty Baker said today that Cruz would not be traded. That is interesting news because of the rumors going around about him. It will be interesting to see if that holds true. He said it would have to be a megadeal for it to happen.

Also be sure to check out the other links on the left. My posts have been really short in past week or so, and I will be writing much more that finals are done. For now lets just sit back and enjoy being in first place.